With over 300 new apps being launched EVERY DAY on Apple’s App Store, it’s hard to standout and get thousands of downloads, dozens of 5-star reviews, and mentions in top press. Building a kick-ass application is hard enough, but without a solid marketing and launch plan, your hard work could sit unnoticed in the endless digital ailes of the vast Apple supermarket.
That’s why we teamed up with the 2011 Apple Design Award winning company Tapity, creators of one of the top free education apps Grades 2 to build a step-by-step recipe on how to launch a breakout iPhone app. Working with co-founder and iOS development all-star Jeremy Olson, we broke down every step of the process they used to promote Grades 2 and packaged it up in an interactive team collaboration platform that includes every task with detailed instructions, pro tips, and document templates – everything your team needs to get listed on one of Apple’s top app charts. Not only was Grades2 the #1 free education app on the App Store for over a week, it got kudos in Mashable, USA Today, the Huffington Post, Fox News and dozens of other popular blogs.
Some of the great tips we cover in the play:
- You need to start marketing your app very early in the development process to build momentum
- World-class design is critical for success (it’s Apple. That’s what they care about)
- It’s all about the community. You need to participate online and offline with the iOS community
- You need a lot of concentrated buzz to create a snowball effect. Apple uses a weighted 4-day download stats to rank your app. Anything you did before two days ago, just doesn’t matter
- Great press is awesome (and necessary). Getting listed by Apple is critical.
There’s tons more awesome tips and content and definitely worth the $83 (on sale this week) for any app development team.